If you thought Canada’s Family Compact was a thing of the past, think again:
- Government Executive (Cabinet): Progressive Left
- Government Elective (House): Progressive Left
- Judiciary, (Supreme Court): Progressive Left
- Press: Progressive Left
- Education: Progressive Left
- Culture: Progressive Left
And if the Proportional Representation proponents get their way, there will never, ever be a right of centre government in this country ever again.
Now, I try to be as non partisan as I can but what scares me is that an effective opposition, or a political balance in this country, will cease to exist, especially if the PR proponents win and the Government adopts this electoral system.